The University campus has seven buildings:
- Britto House - Jesuit Residence
- Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation Building (Academic Block)
- Arrupe Building (Library and Research Block)
- Tagore Niwas - Hostel for Boys
- Mother Teresa Niwas - Hostel for Girls
- Fr. Becker's Bhawan (Utility Block)
- Loyola Building (Administrative Block) - in progress
Britto House - Jesuit Residence
"Britto House" is the residence of the Vice-Chancellor and Jesuit Fathers of the University. It also has a beautiful Chapel.
Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation Building (Academic Block)
We are very grateful to the family of Mr. Lakshmi Mittal, an alumnus of St. Xavier's College, Kolkata for the generous support towards the construction of Academic Block.
As a gesture of gratitude and appreciation we have named the Academic Block as "Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation Building".
The "Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation
Building (G+5)" has different types of
air-conditioned classrooms which include
Halls of Fame, Galleries, Amphitheatres and
Arrupe Building (Library and Research Block)
St. Xavier's University has a separate
Library and Research building named after
The Arrupe Building consists of a Research section, Library for Law, Management and other UG and PG courses with Lending and Reading section (from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.), a state-of-the-art studio for Mass Communication department and an Auditorium.
Contact number: 033 66229826 / 66249829
Law Library: 66249806
Ph.D. Office: 033 66249876
Mass Communication Studio: 033 66249855
The University has two
hostels namely "Tagore
Niwas for Boys" and
"Mother Teresa Niwas
for Girls" respectively with the
capacity of 300 each..
Girls' Hostel: 66249819
Boys' Hostel: 66249807
Fr. Beckers Bhawan (Utility Block)
The utility building named after Fr.
Babu Beckers . It has facilities for
Canteen, Hostel Mess, Gymnasium and
In the Vision 2020
- Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation Building (Academic block G+ 5) with different types of classrooms which include galleries and amphitheatre style classrooms and Halls of Fame.
- Residence for Vice-chancellor and the Jesuits Fathers.
- Fr. Arrupe Building (Library and Research Block) with a state of the art studio for Mass Communication department.
- Two hostels : one for boys and one for girls (G+9).
- Utility building: It houses the food-court, Hostel Mess (Non-Veg and Veg), Gym and indoor games.
In the Vision 2025
- Extension of the academic block from floor 6 to 10.
- Additional Land acquisition.
- Faculty and Staff Quarters.
- Two Swimming Pools.
- Two additional hostel buildings for boys and girls.
- An Auditorium with 2500-seating capacity.
- A Management Development Programme Block (MDP Block).
- Solar Plants on the terraces of the Hostel blocks and the Administrative Building.