The University campus has six buildings:
- Britto House - Jesuit Residence
- Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation Building (Academic Block)
- Aruppe Building (Library and Research Block)
- Girls' Hostel
- Boys' Hostel
- Utility Building (Food court, Gym and Indoor games)
"Britto House" is the residence of the Vice-Chancellor and Jesuit Fathers of the University. It also has a beautiful Chapel.
Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Building (Academic Block)
We are very grateful to the family of Mr.
Lakshmi Mittal, an alumnus of St. Xavier's
College, Kolkata for the generous support
towards the construction of Academic Block.
As a gesture of gratitude and appreciation we have named the Academic Block as "Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation Building".
The "Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation
Building (G+5)" has different types of
air-conditioned classrooms which include
Halls of Fame, Galleries, Amphitheatres and
The utility building has facilities for Canteen, Hostel Mess, Gymnasium and Indoor games.
The University has two hostels for Boys
and Girls respectively with the capacity of
Girls' Hostel: 66249819
Boys' Hostel: 66249807
Father Arrupe Building (Library and Research Block)
St. Xavier's University has a separate
Library and Research building named after
The Library consists of a Lending section, a Reading section (from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.) and a Law library (Lending and Reading).
Contact number: 033 66229826 / 66249829
Law Library: 66249806
Phase I : Vision 2020
- Lakshmi and Usha Mittal Foundation Building (Academic block G+ 5) with different types of classrooms which include galleries and amphitheatre style classrooms and Halls of Fame.
- Residence for Vice-chancellor and the Jesuits Fathers.
- Fr. Arrupe Building (Library and Research Block) with a state of the art studio for Mass Communication department.
- Two hostels : one for boys and one for girls (G+9).
- Utility building: It houses the food-court, Hostel Mess (Non-Veg and Veg), Gym and indoor games.
Phase II : Vision 2020
- Administrative building
- A management development programme (MDP) building
- An auditorium
Phase III : Vision 2025
- Extension of the academic block from floor 6 to 10
- Housing for staff : teaching and support
- Swimming Pools