The Hostel provides three types of rooms:
- Two-Bed Rooms with common toilets;
- Three-Bed Rooms with attached toilet;
- Two-Bed Rooms with attached toilet.
All the rooms have the basic facilities as detailed below:
- For each student: a bed (35 inches x 78 inches) with frames and hooks for mosquito net, a reading and writing table, a chair, a steel almirah with dress hanging facility inside.
- Common Items in each room: dressing mirror, wash basin with running water, small mirror above the wash basin, linen drying facility in the balcony, clothe hanger, curtain for the balcony (girls room only) curtain for all the windows, a lock for the room, with three keys - one for each student and one with the Hostel Office.
- Common Items Available: common television, newspapers, gym, indoor games items, basketball court, football ground, etc.
Things to be Brought by the Students:
The following things are to be brought by each student for his/her personal use, which will NOT be provided in the Hostel:
- Mattress and Pillow;
- Mosquito net;
- At least two sets of bed sheets;
- At least two bed covers;
- At least two pillow cases;
- At least one bucket and a mug;
- One or more winter blankets and warm clothing for winter;
- Personal clothes, towels, toilet articles, etc.;
- A drinking water bottle or flask;
- A suitcase/trunk with a good lock to keep valuables securely locked.
Other Important Information:
- A qualified nurse is available in the University campus throughout. The hostel students can approach her anytime for their health requirements.
- Any medical consultation with the University Nursing Staff is free for all the students, while they will have to pay for any medicine, injection, etc.
- Women students can purchase sanitary items in the University or in the Girls' Hostel.
- There is a proper security system in the premises of the Hostel throughout day and night.
- The Hostel has CCTV coverage in common places and in the surrounding areas to ensure safety.
- As a policy, no student-room in the Hostel will have Air Conditioning facilities.
- The students can bring their own laptops and data cards for their personal internet connectivity. The students can use their laptops in their rooms and the Wi-Fi facilities provided in the Hostel.
- Common desktop computers are available in the library and other places in the academic block.
- Printing facilities, photocopying facilities and
canteen facilities (for tea, coffee, soft drinks,
snacks, etc.) are available inside the campus - All
these are chargeable.
Special Instructions to New Hostel Students:
- All the new students are expected to pay their Hostel Fee within the stipulated time before arriving at the Hostel (PG students on or before June 30; UG students on or before July 5, 2019)
- On payment of the Hostel Fees, the provisional admission to the Hostel will be automatically confirmed.
- There is no need send any payment slip through email, as this is monitored through the online portal.
- No acknowledgement email will be sent from the Hostel Administration regarding the receipt of the fees. All these are automatic as the payment portal is the reference point both for the students and for the administration.
- Since the inauguration of the new academic year for all the PG students is July 6, 2019, all the PG Hostel students are expected to report to the Hostel on July 5, at least by 6.30 p.m.
- Those who wish, are welcome to reach the Hostel on July 4 itself. However, those who want to arrive earlier should inform the Hostel Administration in advance through email
- For all communications with the Hostel Administration, the students should use the following email: email@example.com .
- The fee payments are done online or through RTGS/NEFT. In some special cases DDs also are accepted. However, the best method is to pay online. In case of payment through RTGS/NEFT, the student must send a scanned copy of the payment slip that will be given by the bank, so that finance department can verify the payment and make sure it does not get lost in the transaction.
Details of Hostel Fees :
|Application Fee (one time):||1,000|
|Development Fee (one time):||5,000|
|Refundable Caution Deposit (one time):||5,000|
|Board and Lodge Fee* for Two-Bed Room, with common toilet - per student per Semester:||60,000|
|Board & Lodge Fee* for Three-Bed Room with attached toilet - per student per Semester:||70,000|
- Payment Mode: Go to your payment portal and follow the instructions given. In case of difficulty you may contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- If you have already paid the Hostel Application Fee, you need to pay only the other amount.
- If you require three-bed room with attached toilet
facility, you will have to pay the additional amount
separately, as instructed in the payment portal.
Hostel Administration :
Hostel Committee :
St Xavier's University offers hostel facilities to its
students, particularly to the students of MBA Degree
Programme, as this programme is a residential one.
Separate hostel buildings for women and men are
From June 2019, these hostels can accommodate about 500 students - 250 girls and 250 boys. Thus, in addition to the students of MBA, students taking other courses too can be accommodated. The hostel mess provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian food.