National Academic Depository (NAD)
DigiLocker and NAD are initiatives of Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and Ministry of Education (MoE) respectively. The concept of National Academic Depository (NAD) is born out of an initiative by MoE to provide a 24X7 online depository to Academic institutions to store and publish their academic awards. The digital depository not only ensures easy access to and retrieval of an academic award but also validates and guarantees its authenticity and safe storage.
Maintaining academic awards in an electronic depository would provide benefit to educational institutions, students, and employers by enabling online access of academic awards which will eliminate the need for persons to approach educational institutions for obtaining transcripts of such awards for verification. It would also eliminate fraudulent practices such as forging of awards, by facilitating online verification thereof and maintains the authenticity, integrity, and confidentiality of the award.
Benefits of NAD for Students:
How the students will get access to NAD DigiLocker: https://nad.digitallocker.gov.in/students
- Immediate availability of academic awards upon upload by Academic Institution
- Online, permanent record of academic awards
- No risk of losing, spoiling, damaging the academic awards
- Anytime, anywhere, and convenient access to academic awards
- Important Documents Anytime, Anywhere!
- Authentic Documents, Legally at Par with Originals
- Digital Document Exchange with the consent of the student.
- Faster service Delivery- Government Benefits, Employment, Financial Inclusion, Educational admission, Health.
Source: All information is taken from website of National Academic Depository (NAD), University Grants Commission (https://nad.gov.in