The Department has been actively functioning from August 2022 and has focus in the following areas:
Teaching and Learning: Teaching methods in the department have involved a subtle balance between traditional modes of teaching through textual exegesis to use of digital media- PowerPoint presentations, audio-visual modes, experimental exercise as part of pedagogical process, interactive sessions. Video lectures have also been taken by the faculty members.
In commitment to our mission we have a sustained plan to engage and promote the following:
- Providing a strong theoretical and practical background across the computer science discipline with an emphasis on software development in emerging fields like Data Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Cyber security etc.
- To educate students as unique individuals equipped with quality and depth of information in the diverse fields of Computer Science empowered by inspiring intellectual curiosity, critical thinking and creativity.
- To facilitate the students to undertake global research activities through MoUs with institutions of repute and enter into research collaborations and initiate funded research projects that will benefit studies in Computer Science.
- To organize several state level, national and international conferences to encourage interdisciplinary research amongst students and scholars.
- Regularly organized talks and lectures by guest and visiting professors. Developing a Department seminar library to facilitate better academic learning through intensely moderated resources.
- To expose the students to the Industrial sector and other lucrative job market by collaborating with Industry specialists.
- Empower students to be successful, effective problem-solvers, lifelong learners, ethical and positive contributors towards social and economic upliftment of the nation.