The Department has been actively functioning since July 2017 and has made considerable progress in the following areas:
Teaching and Learning: Teaching methods in the department have involved a subtle balance between traditional modes of teaching through textual exegesis to use of digital media- PowerPoint presentations, audio-visual modes, experimental exercise as part of pedagogical process, interactive sessions. Video lectures have also been taken by the faculty members.
- Innovative assignments in class that involve poster composition, skits and creative presentations as modes of student assessment have enabled an informed and holistic learning of the syllabus structure.
- In commitment to our vision we have a sustained plan to engage and promote the following:
- To facilitate the students to undertake global research activities through MoUs with institutions of repute and enter into research collaborations and initiate funded research projects that will benefit studies in Humanities.
- To organize several state level, national and international conferences to encourage interdisciplinary research amongst students and scholars.
- To devise innovative teaching-learning process by optimum use of resources in the University
- Innovative teaching methods: use of demonstration and theatre-based pedagogy, over and above lecturing; supplementation of literary texts with audio-visual materials; encouraging creative interpretation of texts (Other Components).
- Regularly organized talks and lectures by guest and visiting professors.
Developing a Department seminar library to facilitate better academic learning through intensely moderated resources.
- To expose the students to the Industrial sector and other lucrative job market by collaborating with Industry specialists.