St. Xavier’s University, Kolkata started Ph.D. programme in 2019 with three disciplines- Commerce, English and Management. Next year it extended its wings in research field with two other Ph.D. programmes, Management and Economics. in just five years, has already set a very rich culture in the field of education and research. In this short span St. Xavier’s University, Kolkata has already set a very rich culture in the field of research. Research programmes like conferences, Doctoral colloquiums, workshops and seminars are organised regularly for the research scholars. University emphasises the high quality research. It has plans to open up Ph.D. programmes in Psychology, Social Work and law in the near future.
- Extending the limits of what is currently known through innovative and high quality work.
- Capacity to Device, Design and conduct Research that has real academic Value.
- Systematic Understanding of the Research Area and Mastery of the skills and methods associated with it
- Competence Building in Research methodology Both Qualitative and Quantitative, becoming experts in the chosen area of Specialisation
- Contributing to the Academic knowledge face through Publications and Conference presentations.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the literature and a comprehensive understanding of Methods and Techniques applicable to their own Research
- Apply a significant range of advanced and Specialized Skills and be able to act Autonomously in the planning and Implementation of Research
- Present and defend original research outcomes which extend the fore front of a discipline or relevant area of professional practise
- Work collaboratively with all stake holders to create, Develop and Exchange research knowledge to influence and benefit society and the Economy
- 14 credits Ph.D. Coursework.
- Individual Mentorship by Faculty Supervisors even before registration.
- Empirical Research.
- Anti-Plagiarism Policy.
- Doctoral Colloquium.
- Special workshops / Seminars session for Scholars.
- Case study Research / Micro Projects.
- Online access to e-resources (E-Books, E-Journals databases) of central library.